Thursday, December 11, 2008

Dinner Last Night

I decided to go out on a limb and cook something different for dinner last night. Noah loves Hamburger Helper and I am trying to get him away from eating it so much. I have him down to once a month now. I ended up making Santa Fe Casserole which I got from my Birth Forum. It came out really good and Noah told me I could make it again. It is almost like layered nachos.

1 pkg. taco seasoning
2 cups chicken broth or water can be used
1/4 cup flour
1 cup sour cream
1 can diced chilies
1 pkg. tortilla chips
2 cups Monterey jack cheese, shredded
1/2 cup green onion, chopped

Brown beef. Drain. Add taco seasoning. In a small bowl combine broth and flour. Add to meat. Bring to a boil to slightly thicken. Stir in sour cream and chilies. In a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish Place 1/2 of the chips, top with 1/2 of the beef mixture and top with 1/2 of the cheese and 1/2 onion. Repeat layer with remaining ingredients. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

I did not use the green onion since I did not have any. I also put olives on top of it. Noah put salsa on his. For the first layer of cheese I used the Kraft singles cheese. Then for the second layer of cheese I used Kraft Nacho mixed cheese.

No comments: