Monday, December 15, 2008

OMG MY Poor Daughter

So today we had Abigail's Orthopedic appointment in Lubbock. We get there and all the nurses go crazy over her. Dr. Schultz (pronounced "Shits") and 3 medical students (male) come in and said that he needed a few more x-rays of her hips. The med students then fight over who is going to take her back to get the x-rays. I just sit there laughing. They tell me that they have to strip her down to nothing for the 3 x-rays that they need. I am totally fine with this. It's not the first time she has had them done. In the process of getting her x-rays my oh so wonderful daughter poops on one of the med students. I had to sit there and laugh. The med student just took his coat off and went about taking care of my daughter. We go back to the exam room and Dr. Schultz comes back into the room. This is what I hear. "Well Abigail's left hip has healed nicely but her right hip is still having problems. We are going to have to place her in a harness for 6 weeks. YOU CAN ONLY TAKE IT OFF FOR BATH TIME! (He really stressed that to me). She will come back here in 6 weeks to have more x-rays done. If it is healing nicely she will only have to wear it another 6 weeks during nap and bed time." He then asked me if I had any questions or concerns. I told him No. Shelby (the physical therapist) came in and showed me how to put the harness on and take it off. The med students then asked if they could take turns doing it. Sure go ahead. Abigail slept through the whole thing. She did not realize she even had anything on till 4:30. She had the harness put on at 1:30 (my daughter has delayed reactions to things that affect her).
So now we are home after an hour of screaming because she could not move her legs (oh did I mention that my daughter has a delayed reaction to things and CAN NOT stand anything on her feet or legs. She will kick a blanket off in a heartbeat) and now looks like a frog we are happy again. Yes my daughter looks like a frog. I will take pics and post them so you can see. Noah laughed at her when he first saw it and called her frog. Yes it really is that bad. I am just hoping that I get to sleep tonight if not it is going to be a VERY long 6 weeks.

No comments: