Tuesday, December 2, 2008

This is us

I decided to do this blog so my family and friends could follow along and always know what is going on with Abigail. I know I know I am late starting this but I will play catch up right now.

Abigail Jane Parrish was born October 18, 2008 at 5:40pm. She weighed 8lbs & 5ozs and was 21 inches long. Our delivery was semi normal besides the fact that I never fully dilated, she swallowed mecioum and the epidural never really took on my left side. The real problems started the morning of the 19th. Abby started having problems breathing so the doctor ordered a chest x-ray and noticed fluid in her lungs. Abby was placed in NICU for the next 4 days on a series of antibiotics and was placed on oxygen. The nurses there started to call her possum. She was the healthiest sickest baby they had ever seen (she weighed more then the healthy babies and really didn't seem sick at all but she couldn't breath without the oxygen). The nurses also spoiled her rotten since she was the only baby in the NICU at the time. Finally on the 22nd Abigail decided that SHE could indeed breath on her own. She was taken out of the NICU and placed in my room with me. We stayed another day and a half. We finally got to come home on Friday the 24th. I was so excited to bring her home and sleep in my own bed. We still have follow up doctor appointment to go to. They think she has a heart murmur and her right hip clicks. So we are going to see a cardio and a ortho doctor this month. I will keep everyone updated.The rest of October and the beginning of November were really uneventful.

My parents came out to meet their new granddaughter, Thanksgiving and my birthday. I was so excited to finally see them after 4 months. We had a blast while they were here. Noah took us up to the mountains in Rudiso. He kept telling us that it would be cold and that there was going to be snow on the ground. We get there and it's a wonderful 70 degrees during the day and dropped to about freezing at night. That was fine with us. There was a fire place and he and my dad made a huge firs that kept us warm all night long. Sunday we came home and went to Roswell. Monday Noah's parents took us to the Norman Petty Recording Studio and the Norman Petty Rock and Roll Museum. My parents loved this. Especially the recording studio. Tuesday Abigail had a ultrasound at Texas Tech in Lubbock so dad, mom, Abby and I went to Lubbock for the day. It was a fun trip. When we got back we were supposed to go downtown for what I thought was the tree lighting. Boy was I wrong. Noah actually surprised me and threw me a baby shower. I could have about killed my mom and his mom for keeping it a secret from me. But I am glad that they did. Wednesday we stayed at home and got ready for Thanksgiving. Thursday was turkey day and everyone came to our house. We had all the fixings. Friday was my birthday. Mom and I went shopping and got our hair cut. I chopped 4 inches off of mine. Saturday was another lazy day for us. Sunday we went out to breakfast with his parents and then had dinner at our house. Oh yeah it also SNOWED on Sunday. Monday my parent left to go back to Delaware. I was really good. I didn't cry till I got back into the house. Then I was really grouchy the rest of the day.

No comments: