Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Stupid ER

So Monday I took Abigail to the ER with a temp of 102.1. We get checked in and all. While in triage I tell the nurse that Noah has RSV and has been sick for 3 weeks. Abigail has been coughing for a week and has been running a fever for the last two days. She tells me that a doctor will see us as soon as possible. That was at 5:00pm. Well at 8:00pm we were still waiting. There really were not that many patients in the waiting room so I am not sure why we were waiting so long. I go up to the nurses desk and ask if they know how much longer. She tells me that they only have one doctor working and that our wait could be up to six hours.

I told them to take our name off the list. I will take Abigail to the doctor in the morning. We left. So Tuesday morning I call Dr. Winters office they make a appointment for today. They tell me to just watch her and if it spikes again to call and her doctor will meet me at the ER.

Today we go to the doctor and poor little piglet has a double ear infection and the start of bronchitis. I am so pissed at the ER. Dr. Winters told me that she should have been seen right away because a) she had a fever b) Noah has RSV and c) Abigail spent her first week in NICU for breathing problems. Also if little piglet was seen Monday night she would have gotten the double ear infection. Her one ear was really bad but the other her doctor told me was the start of an ear infection.

She told me that she would file a complaint against the ER for me. Also if she spikes a fever or her cough gets worse I am to page her and she will personally meet us at the ER. I LOVE DOCTOR WINTERS!!!!!

Also at the same ER on Saturday Noah was having seizures from the meds that they gave him for his RSV. They treated him as if he was a drug addict looking for more drugs. They kept asking him what else he took and we kept telling them only the medicine they gave him. They told us that he had to of used something illegal for him to have the seizures. We ended up walking out and going to Noah's doctor. He had a damn drug interaction. His doctor told us that he should not have been given the original meds (The ER is where he went and was told he had RSV. The doctor there is the one that gave him the damn medicine).

PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments: