Friday, January 30, 2009

I hate the DMV and other things.

I was all excited this morning because I was going to get insurance on my car. I go and they tell me that I have to have a New Mexico drivers licences. OK no big deal so I will finally go and get my NM DL. Well I get to the DMV and I read over the list of things I need to get a NM DL. So I see that I have to have a utility bill, Social Security Card, and I can use my Insurance card. So I go home and get the letter stating that I have insurance and it has my address on it. I go back to the DMV wait till they call my number and go up to the lady. She looks at my items and tell me that I can not use my utility bill because it is older then 30 days. I tell her I will go home and print one out since we now do on-line billing and don't receive and paper bill anymore. She tells me that they can't accept that. I hand her my insurance card. She tells me that they don't accept them either. I tell her that it is on the list of things they accept. She tells me again that they don't accept them any longer. I tell her that it is on the list so they have to accept it and need to update their list of items they accept. HaHaHa she has to take it. So I ask her what else I can use. She goes though a list of items, a pay stub, car insurance bill (mind you I am trying to get car insurance but I can't because I do not have a NM DL), or I could have Noah come in and do a affidavit saying that I live in the state of NM. I tell her in a nice voice that he can not come in because he is at work and works out in the field. She tells me to call him. I explain to her again that I have no way of getting a hold of him and that he does not get off work till 5:00pm. They close at 4:00. She looks at me and tells me to go join a church for 30 days and then have the preacher of said church write a letter saying that I am a citizen of the state of NM.
WHAT??????? How dare she tell me to go join a church. I was so mad at this point that I walked out. Noah's dad was outside waiting for me. He tells me to get in the truck and he will take care of this. So we go and get a rental agreement fill it out get it notarized and head back to the DMV. I walk in waving the rental agreement. She says we will take that. Finally after 4 hours I get my NM DL.
We head back to the insurance office I get insurance for Noah and I then I go to register my car. They tell me that the title is not singed and they can not take it. I look at Abby (Noah's dad) and almost cry at this point. So we go and get the title singed and then back to the registration place. Finally it is now 4:30 in the afternoon. I started my day at 10:30 do you really think it should have taken me 6 hours to get insurance, a drivers license and to register a car??? Hmm I don't think so.

No comments: