Friday, January 2, 2009

What a year 2008 has been

2008 was a very exciting year for us. In January Noah and I decided to move from Delaware to New Mexico. I also found out I was pregnant. WoW that was a total shocker to everyone. February came and went with very little problems. It was decided at the end of March beginning of April that Noah would go ahead and move to New Mexico first and I would follow in June. So the time came for him to move. We packed him up and off he went on his 2 day cross country drive. Yeah it really took him 4 days. I also had my first ultrasound in April and got to see my baby for the first time. I was told that the "baby" was a boy and Noah was so excited (hahahaha found out 3 weeks later that I was actually having a little girl).
In May I received court papers that I was being sued by my old room mates for moving out. Well that just put a damper on me moving to be with Noah in June. So instead I went out to visit him. I had my court date and it ended up being continued till July (Yeah now I have to wait another month to move). The rest of June was fun. I got to hang out with my friends and watch my belly grow. July was just as much fun as June. I had my 2nd court date and that one also ended up being continued until August (GRRRR!!! I have to wait yet another month to move with Noah). I had quit my job at the day care and decided to go to Georgia to spend some time with Emily and Kayla before my August court date.
Georgia was fun. Emily and Jeff bought a new house and I helped her moved in and get things settled before Jeff got back from school. I also enjoyed my time with Kayla. She is my little monkey and I love her so much. She would wake me every morning by kissing my belly and saying good morning to Abigail.
Yes!!! it is finally August and I go to court (hoping this is the last time). We go in and do our thing. I end up winning the court case and my old room mates are out $9,000.00. It felt so good to beat them (they actually kicked Noah and I out of the house). The next day I was on a one way plane to New Mexico.
I finally made it. It felt so great to finally be with Noah. I got things settled and organized in our apartment (It is a 70's bachelor pad to the extreme). I meet my new OB who I thought was great. September came and went I could not wait for October 8th to get here so I could meet Abigail. Well she had a totally different plan in mind. Little did we know she wanted to stay in her warm comfy home.
October 8th came and went. I had a doctors appointment on October 17th. She told me that if I didn't have the baby over the weekend that I would be induced on October 20th at 7:00am. Well she did some things to help Abigail get going. That night Noah and I went walking to help things move along also. Well the next day little (or should I say big) Abigail Jane Parrish made her appearance at 5:40pm. We had our ups and downs over the next week. She was in NICU for fluid in her lungs. That had to be the longest week of my life. The last week of October was great because I got to bring my wonderful baby home.
November was a blast!!!!! My parents came out for Thanksgiving and my birthday. I was so excited to see them and I didn't want them to leave. Abigail and Noah also enjoyed them being here but I loved it the most.
December brought doctors appointments. Abigail had her cardio appointment (which turned out to be great news, NO MURMUR!!). She had her 2 month check up (first time she cried real alligator tears and broke my heart) and she also had her ortho appointment (Not to bad, but she still ended up in a harness. Better now then later). December also gave us Christmas. Abigail's first Christmas was great. She got a lot of toys. I also learned that I get to go home for a week in January. I will end it there but here are some pictures of us on Christmas. Hope everyone has a wonderful 2009.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments: